The Editor of FreeNews, Daniel Shaw is currently in the USA on a severe weather expedition chasing Tornadoes.
Updates and Live streaming can be viewed on http://www.severestorms.com.au
- Barangaroo fire sparks fears of a crane collapse and evacuates thousands.
- Man rescued from Coogee rock pool after diving into rocks at night
- Fire crews prevent explosion after a large gas main ruptures in Bridge St, Sydney
- Man shot in the groin after shooting incident at Carlton
- Runaway car crashes onto Bondi Beach after freak accident
Who's OnlineWe have 29 guests online
|Bomb Squad Detonates Cylinder at Bondi Golf Course|
|Local News - Articles|
|Written by Daniel Shaw|
|Friday, 02 October 2009 22:33|
READ MORE TO VIEW GALLERY & VIDEO
The NSW Police Rescue & Bomb Disposal Unit recently conducted an operation off the cliffs of Bondi Golf Course.
During this rescue they noticed a suspicious and potentially deadly cylinder that was believed to be filled with acetylene gas.
The cylinder was wedged into the rocks. Deemed too dangerous to move or examine, a decision was made to blow it up and render it safe.
The specialist operation began at 10.00am with officers deploying around 1kg of plastic explosive. It was a well controlled explosion, intended only to incinerate the cylinder.
The police air wing and marine services were called to scan the area to ensure no one was in harm's way. After it was declared safe, a massive charge was deployed which left nothing but the top of the gas tank.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 25 August 2011 05:41|