The Editor of FreeNews, Daniel Shaw is currently in the USA on a severe weather expedition chasing Tornadoes.
Updates and Live streaming can be viewed on http://www.severestorms.com.au
- Barangaroo fire sparks fears of a crane collapse and evacuates thousands.
- Man rescued from Coogee rock pool after diving into rocks at night
- Fire crews prevent explosion after a large gas main ruptures in Bridge St, Sydney
- Man shot in the groin after shooting incident at Carlton
- Runaway car crashes onto Bondi Beach after freak accident
Who's OnlineWe have 30 guests online
|Fire tears through unit complex in Birchgrove|
|Local News - Articles|
|Written by Daniel Shaw|
|Friday, 27 August 2010 05:19|
At 12.10am, fire crews responded to reports of thick smoke coming from a building in Louisa Rd. They had extreme difficulty in gaining safe access to the property and were forced to retreat until a safety re-assessment could be made.
The specialist fire boat “Ted Noffs” was dispatched to assist from the rear of the property, which bordered Sydney Harbour.
The narrow road was overloaded with emergency services. A 4th Alarm structure fire was declared resulting in the attendance of 14 pumpers, supervisors, incident control, hazmat, and the fire boat.
|Last Updated on Friday, 27 August 2010 05:31|