Live Twitter Feed
- Diver’s abandoned equipment sparks search near Coogee
- Two drivers arrested and vehicles destroyed in Bellevue Hill & Mascot
- Thousands line Parramatta Rd during Good Friday Walk in Sydney
- Armed robber confronted by local hero after robbery in Woollahra
- Paramedics witness assault whilst helping another victim in Bondi
- Sydney shocked as Blackhawk helicopters storm a building in Rosebery
- Elderly resident tied up after robbery and home invasion in Point Piper
- Severe Storm hits Sydney with heavy rain and flash flooding
- Fire destroys building at University of NSW in Kensington
- Explosion blows up Petersham Hells Angels building
|Fire tears through unit complex in Birchgrove|
|Local News - Sydney|
|Written by Daniel Shaw|
|Friday, 27 August 2010 05:19|
At 12.10am, fire crews responded to reports of thick smoke coming from a building in Louisa Rd. They had extreme difficulty in gaining safe access to the property and were forced to retreat until a safety re-assessment could be made.
The specialist fire boat “Ted Noffs” was dispatched to assist from the rear of the property, which bordered Sydney Harbour.
The narrow road was overloaded with emergency services. A 4th Alarm structure fire was declared resulting in the attendance of 14 pumpers, supervisors, incident control, hazmat, and the fire boat.
|Last Updated on Friday, 27 August 2010 05:31|